KSOM Online FDP (Day IV): Data and Technology Skills in CurriculumJune 26, 2020
KSOM conducts online MDP with SIDBIJune 27, 2020
Student development is one of the keys to success and excellence of MBA students. With work-from-home conditions that prevail today owing to the COVID19 Pandemic, new student development process are emerging. The session was aimed at gaining insights into some the foundations and contemporary aspects of student development, with a view to strengthen the student development process under the new normal conditions. The broad issues cover a) what, why and how of holistic development; b) self-management vs. stress management; c) thoughts-word-action cycle management; d) ingredients of success; and e) core values and shaping mental models.
Prof. Jyoti Rana, Ph.D., Professor (Management) at Shri Vishwakarma Skill University
She 23 years of rich experience in teaching-learning, research, student development, training and consulting. She has demonstrated ability to teach, motivate & direct students while maintaining high interest and achievement levels. She has published more than 50 research papers in leading peer reviewed journal and has authored 11 textbooks in Marketing and Management. She has trained more than 1000 executives and has conducted large number of funded research projects UGC and the central government. She conducts leadership workshops and conclaves for youngsters and women. She also conducts “Poetry Pathshala” for schoolchildren to enhance their expression.
Eighty-two participants from five schools such as School of Management, School of Rural Management, School of Humanities, School of Languages, School of Law
- Understand how the world, businesses and people are changing in VUCA times.
- Understanding of the drivers of holistic development of students.
- Gaining insights into the ingredients of success, such as, a) empathy, b) creative thinking and courage, c) handling criticism, d) communicating with self- be your own person, e) cooperation, and f) what I can’t accept, I forgive.
- The need to create a development ambience- trust based cultures, work together creatively, cross training, integrity and purpose.
- Narratives of success and failure
- Interactive lecture
- Experience sharing