KIIT School of Management, KIIT Deemed to be University has been conducting effective orientation programs for students of the first year of the MBA program every year since more than a couple of decades. From 2013 onwards, an outbound program has been a significant and integral part of the orientation program. The program is conceptualized out of the need for orienting the students towards management education and provides them with an overview of the skills and attitude required to successfully fulfill the MBA program requirements.
The program is designed with special inputs from the senior leadership of the school and University. The entire batch of 1st Year MBA students admitted and available are taken for the outbound orientation at an external location. To facilitate student induction, the program is conducted at an external location in workshop mode and the pedagogy is strictly experiential in nature. All sessions are facilitated by reputed external experts only. The sessions include, but are not restricted to, inspirational and motivational transformation workshops, workshops on the campus to corporate journey, networking, careers in management and ethics and citizenship.
- The experiential learning acts as a catalyst for the students and fires their aspirations as well as boosts their confidence early in the MBA program resulting in better performance over the next two years.
- Students at the end of the MBA program have mentioned how Konfluence was instrumental in motivating them at the start and helped them bond well with their batch mates. Few testimonials are listed below:
– The industry-academia connect at KSOM is also commendable as it kept us engaged throughout in various arrangements like Conclaves, Konfidant, Konfluence, Kweettalks exposing us to the industry and connecting with stalwarts. Other co-curricular and extra-curricular activities also gave enriching experiences.
– Nazia Firdaus NAZIA FIRDAUS (Roll No: 19202022, MBA 2019-21 Batch)
– The constant support from faculty and placement department helped in securing my dream job. Apart from regular academic classes, KSOM also provides us an active learning platform through various Conclaves, Guest Lectures and preparatory sessions for placements. Apart from this various programmes like Konfluence, Konfidant and Mentor-Mentee program have also helped me to improve my confidence level and managerial skills in the best possible way. This has helped me for my future organizational endeavours.
– Subhajit Pattanaik (Roll No: 19202051, MBA 2019-21 Batch)
- Post Konfluence there is a visible difference in confidence level of students and they are much better prepared for the MBA program.