Best B School for Marketing
KSOM is one of the best B-schools for Marketing, given the amount of activities it undertakes throughout the year, including Konclaves, Marketing Projects, Sales Fairs, Student Haats, Student Mandis and much more. Consequently, it attracts a lot of reputed marketing companies each year for recruitment, including FMCG and other biggies such as ITC, GSK, Colgate Palmolive, Mother Dairy, Dabur and Asian Paints.In the placement season 2014-15, the highest salary that has been offered till date has been to the tune of Rs. 13.5 lacs per annum.
Each year, the institute organizes a National Level Marketing Konclave, with a theme based on New Trends and Challenges in Marketing. The Konclave is generally attended by highly accomplished Corporate Leaders of India, including MDs and CEOs of large FMCG and other businesses.
Professors from IIMs and other reputed Management Institutions, Corporate Delegates, Students, Researchers and other Academicians also attend the Konclave.
Some of the guests of past Marketing Konclaves have been:
- Mr. Chakrapani Gollapali, Chief Business Officer, Holidays, Yatra.com
- Mr. Maheshwar Peri, Founder and Chairman, Careers 360
- Mr. Sandip Das, Former MD, Reliance Jio Infocomm
- Mr. Nitin Seth, President (LCV and Defence), Ashok Leyland
- Mr. Peshwa Acharya, Founder, Think As Consumer
Prof. Abraham Koshy, IIM Ahmedabad, Chairman of The Federal Bank Limited
- Mr. Dilip Cherian, PR Consultant, widely considered the “Image Guru” of India
- Mr.Vishnu Govind, GM-Marketing, Raymond Limited
- Mr. Videh Jaipuriar, CEO – Jubilant Industries Limited
- Mr. Salil K. Sahu, MD – Home Stores India
The konclave generally comprises of:
- Inaugural and Keynote Speeches
- Panel Discussion
- Student Competitions
- Workshops by Industry Participants