Mr Aditya Tiwari, Social Activist adopted special needs Down Syndrome child at the age of 28 Years as a single parent. The process of adoption was quiet a struggle, as a male single parent is not legally permissible to adopt at that age in India. He could finally succeed in getting the Law of Adoption amended.
From then on he worked for spreading awareness on child adoption, mental health, awareness on HIV/AIDS, and for training parents with Special needs, to provide high quality care and support to socially marginalized children.
• He is associated with parents across globe and assists them in parenting, understanding Rights of children with disability, employment opportunities for adults with special needs.
• He is working on implementation of United Nations Sustainable Development Goals in India on
1) Zero Hunger
2) Good Health and Well-being
3) Quality Education
4) Gender Equality
5) Reducing Inequality
6) Peace, Justice, and Strong Institutions
He has visited more than 45 cities in 22 Indian states to organize conferences, workshops, on Adoption, Parenting, Early Intervention, Livelihood options and counselling special needs parents.
• He is Volunteering, supporting and educating children at Tibetan Children Village (TCV) in Ladakh.
• He is working in Srinagar with an NGO to spread awareness on Down syndrome and counselling parents of special needs.
He is a Tedex Motivational Speaker who delivered a inspiring address to students of KSOM on 11th Jan 20.