KSOM ensures that your recruitment process is smooth and without any hitches. Student volunteers, faculty member and/or a placement officer would stay in close touch with your recruitment team while you are in campus, to ensure that all aspects of the process go on without any issues or delay
- KSOM would provide you the requisite infrastructure including audio-visual systems, multiple conference rooms and syndicate rooms to carry out pre-placement talks, GDs and Interviews
- Should you decide to conduct an online test, KSOM’s fully equipped computer lab would be made available to your team
- In case you need to conduct a pooled campus placement process, KSOM can make its 500-seater auditorium available for the smooth conduct of the process.
- Please let the placement contact person you are in touch with know in case you have any other specific requirements. It would be our pleasure to attend to it.
At KSOM, we understand the challenges students face while choosing their career paths. Many times students end up choosing a wrong career, something which is not aligned to their individual competences.
Placement process at KSOM starts early (towards the end of the first year) with each student undergoing a Competency Assessment and Career Management programme. Students are evaluated on various parameters to gauge their competencies and, areas of strengths and weaknesses. Output of the programme is made available to the mentor of each student so that a student is given proper guidance to choose the right career path and work on improvement areas.
Placement takes place under two categories: Summer Internship placement for first year students and Final Placement for second years.
Final Placement for Second Year MBA Students:
The placement season usually begins around October – November and usually continues till the month of May, the next year.
The placement process is usually as below:
- Recruiter conducts a pre-placement talk and provides details of the job profile.
- Recruiter provides the short-listing criteria.
- KSOM sends the resumes of students based on the above criteria. Recruiter may or may not create a further shortlist
at this point.
- Recruiter visits campus. Some recruiters choose to give a pre-placement talk at this point.
- Recruiter conducts the placement process (GD, PI, Written Test etc.) with support from KSOM’s placement cell.
- Recruiter sends the final selection list.
Summer Placement for First Year Students
Each student at KSOM has to undergo 8 weeks (usually in the months of May and June) of Summer Internship in a reputed organization to experience the workings of the corporate world firsthand. Academic session begins in the first week of July and hence each student has to complete his/her internship by then.
Details on the Summer Internship
- Summer Internship placement for First Year students begins around February. Each student is allotted a faculty member to oversee the internship.
- Organizations picking students for summer internships pay the students a stipend for the 8 weeks.
- The stipend is meant for a tangible and meaningful output the interns are supposed to provide to the organization.
- Each organization preferably should create a Project with at least the following: Objective, Audience, Method and Deliverables. This project can be arrived at either by the organization itself or in consultation with the student and faculty mentor.
- To ensure that the project is on track and the student is getting the requisite inputs and support, it is suggested that the organizations appoint a corporate guide to the interns.
- Every fortnight, the intern would appraise his/her faculty mentor of the progress, obtain signoff from corporate guide on completion, create a full project report and make a presentation for final evaluation at KSOM
Industry Engagement Cell
|Mr. Pradeep Sreedharfirstname.lastname@example.org||+91 93228 36323||West|
|Mr. Abhijeet Ranjanemail@example.com||8114394888||West|
|Mr. Navendu Karfirstname.lastname@example.org||+91 9238314802||East|
|Ms. Krithika Koulemail@example.com||+91 90046 93905||West|
|Mr. Rajan Pradhanfirstname.lastname@example.org||+91 88282 20707||North|
|Mr. Shakti Pratim Dasemail@example.com||8114394777||North|
|Mr. Bikram Lenkafirstname.lastname@example.org||+91 99379 37595||North|
|Mr. Mrutyunjay Rayemail@example.com||+91 76828 45230||South|
|Dr. Saranjit Singh||Director – Industry Engagement Cellfirstname.lastname@example.org||9437020233/9238314802|
|Dr. Kumar Mohanty||Director- Corporate Relationsemail@example.com||9937220236|
|Mr. Debraj Mitra||Placement Officerfirstname.lastname@example.org||7894427740|
|Mr. T.P. Bakshi||Placement Officeremail@example.com||9238314803|
KSOM Placement Cell
Prof. Jitendra Mohanty
Campus – 7, KIIT University
Patia, Bhubaneswar – 751024, Odisha
Cell: +91 78944 60017
FAX : +91 674 2725 278
Jenamani Amit Kumar
Cell: +91 78944 60019
Telephone: +91 674 6012501