E-haat: The Entrepreneur’s MarketMarch 31, 2012
MDP on QUEST: Quality & Effectiveness Through Systems ThinkingJune 8, 2012
A 4-day intensive workshop on Research Methodology was conducted at School of Management, KIIT University, during 19-22 April, 2012. In total, 78 faculty members and research scholars from various parts of India participated in this four days workshop.
There were well designed theory and practical classes on different aspects of research methodology. All the practical classes on Excel, SPSS and Google-doc., were held in the PLM lab of the school. A total of 7 resource persons were invited from IIT Kharagpur, Utkal University, XIM-B and KIIT University, who delivered lectures on different topics of research Methodology. Resource persons also interacted with scholars, for solving their doubts, related to their research work.
This workshop was accorded with a 2-credit equivalence status by University and was guided by Vice Chancellor (Prof. A.S. Kolaskar), Research Chair (Prof. S. Nanda) and Dean (Prof. Ashok K. Sar). Every day afternoon, the delegates had the opportunity of getting hands training on various software, in Computer LAB of the school. Along with the regular sessions, three additional primer sessions were also conducted in the evening hours of first three days. This was aimed at supplementing the basic inputs required in the field of applied statistics and computer applications.
Along with the workshop-handbook, a CD containing all useful material and web-resources was released by Vice Chancellor on first day. Popular secondary database provider, CMIE, had sent their analyst-representative for a user-friendly demo on use of CMIE data-base for research. Delegates were asked to go through evaluation process, in the form of individual written tests and group assignments.
Vice Chancellor of KIIT University was the Chief Guest for the inauguration of workshop, on day-1. Prof. S. Nanda, Research Chair of KIIT University, was the other guest speaker for inauguration. Dean (SoM) chaired the session, Prof. RN Subudhi gave a brief outline of the workshop, while Prof. Sasmita Mishra offered the vote of thanks. On the closing session of day-4, Dean gave away the certificates to all the 78 registered delegates.
Resource Persons of Workshop:
- Dr. D. Suar, Professor, IIT Kharagapur
- Dr. F.M. Sahu, Professor, XIM Bhubaneswar
- Dr. U.N. Dash, Ex-Professor, D.U. & Utkal University
- Dr. M. Srinath, Senior Statistician & Agrl. Scientist (IASRI)
- Dr. R.N. Subudhi, Professor, SoM, KIIT University
- Dr. Sasmita Mishra, Professor, SoM, KIIT University
- Prof. Ashutosh Kar, Professor, SoM, KIIT University
Course Contents, covered during the 4-days workshop:
- Concepts of Research Methodology
- Basic stages of Research Process
- Types of Research; Research Design
- Identification of research problem
- Formulation of Research objectives and Hypotheses
- Review of Literature: Importance and relevance (use of e-resources)
- Designing of questionnaire
- Scaling Techniques, Editing and Coding of Data
- Sampling technique
- Methods of Data collection & Analysis
- Research report; Research Proposal
- Application of statistical software (SPSS)
- Applications of Statistical tests
- Advanced Quantitative tools used for analysis of research