Dr. Malabika Sahoo belongs to HR and OB area. She has more than 8 years of experience in teaching and research. Prior to joining KIIT Deemed to be University, she was with Manav Adhyayan Kendra, for 14 years as a corporate trainer and Consultant. She has conducted nearly 2,500 training programmes and motivational talks in around 100 organisations across the country such as NTPC, NALCO, Aditya Birla, Coca-Cola, TSIL, TRL, Aditya Aluminium, JSPL, Vodafone, L & T, Paradeep port Trust, PPL, ONGC, IFFCO, IOCL, BRPL, BPCL, OHPC, OPTCL, and LG Electronics Pvt. Ltd etc. She also taught as a Visiting faculty in Birla Global University and KIIT School of Rural Management.
She has publications in referred journals such as Management Research Review, Emerald Publishing and Management and Labour Studies, Sage Publications. She authored a book chapter in “Methodological issues in management research: Advances, Challenges and the Way ahead’’ published by Emerald and also presented papers in international and national conferences of repute. She attended an Executive Certification programme in HR Analytics from IIM Rohtak and also from University of California.
Her teaching interest includes Human resource management, Training and development, Business Research methods, HR analytics and Data analysis.
- Sahoo, M., & Mishra, S. (2022). Organizational Influences on the Motivation to Transfer Soft Skill Training in an Indian Power organization”, ABDC-C, by Sage Publications.
- Mishra, S. & Sahoo, M (2021). Motivation to transfer soft skill training: A systematic Literature review, ABDC-C, Emerald Publishing.
- Sahoo, M. (2020). Structural Equation Modeling: Threshold Criteria for Assessing Model Fit. In Methodological Issues in Management Research: Advances, Challenges, and the Way Ahead. Emerald Publishing.
- Sahoo, M., & Mishra, S. (2019). Effects of trainee characteristics, training attitudes and training need analysis on motivation to transfer training. Management Research Review. ABDC-C, Emerald Publishing
- Sahoo, M., Mishra, S., & Mishra, S. (2018). Influence of Group Composition on Participant Reactions to Training: A Study in an Indian Power Transmission Organization. Management and Labour Studies, ABDC-C, Sage publications.
- Sahoo, M., & Mishra, S. (2017). Training evaluation and motivation to transfer training-A review of literature. Parikalpana: KIIT Journal of Management.
- Das, H. P., & Sahoo, M. M. (2015). Talent search: A challenge for employers. Parikalpana.
- Sahoo, M., (2019) “Role of motivation and training in managing stress in the technological era,” International Journal of Innovative Technology and Exploring Engineering.
- Mishra, S.; Sahoo, M., (2018), “Realizing Employee Retention in the Era of technological revolution: An overview,” International Journal of Mechanical Engineering and Technology.