Dr. Shikta Singh has a great passion for Teaching & Research. She has been an alumnus of Utkal University, Ravenshaw University and Pune University and has completed her PhD in the area of Industrial Economics .She brings with her more than 11 years of rich teaching experience both at Post Graduate (Utkal University) and at Management School level (Abhinav Institute of Management & Research, Pune). She is also a Visiting Professor to few reputed institutions of Odisha & outside viz. Symbiosis School of Economics, Pune, R.D University, XUB. Her current research interest lies in various Macro Economic issues, Behavioural Finance, International Financial Management, Industrial economics and Development Economics. She has authored around 21 research papers of national and international repute in the area of macroeconomics, industrial economics, behavioural finance and dynamics of stock market and has published 5 Book chapters and One Book. She has been guiding 5 research scholars, of which two scholars have been awarded. She is the recipient of multiple awards and is a gold medallist.
She has worked for two research projects for RBI Bulletin and one on Health care for a Consultancy. She has been a Resource Person as a Keynote Speaker to some of the reputed institution in the country and state as well. Going by the current scenario she is well versed with blended- learning techniques and taking up sessions on online platforms. She has also conducted multiple webinars, FDPs and online research workshops crowding masses of more than 300 participants from various universities and corporates from India and abroad and also have trained faculties on using techniques for online teaching. She also has written blogs on economic significance, news columns, been invited as a panellist in DD Odia and Kalinga TV. She has successfully bagged various projects approved by ATAL, AICTE, ICSSR & MHRD, GOI. She has presented papers in various International Conferences viz. in Singapore 2014, ERAZ Conference held at Belgrade 2017, and ICOM 2017 Conference at Abu Dhabi, ICOM 2019 MICA, and IMC 2020 held at Delhi. She has been a position holder in her 12th, Post graduate and M.Phil level and has received gold medal for the same. Apart from that she has got 0.1 merit certificate and Gold medal for being the All India Topper in Economics during 12th board.
She believes in a society where everyone has a standard of living that enables one to realise one’s potential. Dr. Shikta stands for smartly using resources towards addressing economic & social issues.
Restructuring Industrialization in Indian Economy, SSDN Publishers & Distributors.
This book encompasses discussion on varied themes, classified into structural and sectoral issues of industries.”
- Singh, Shikta, “Purpose and Process of Research,” Methodological Issues in Management Research: Advances, Challenges, and the way ahead.
- Mishra, S.; Singh, S.; Tripathy, P., “Linkage Between Employee Satisfaction and Employee Performance: A Case in Banking Industry ,” Global Business Review.
- Khilar, R.P.; Singh, S., “Role of emotional bias on investment decision from behavioural finance perspective,” International Journal of Scientific and Technology Research.
- Singh, S.; Das, C., “Calendar anomalies in the banking and IT index: The Indian experience,” Asian Economic and Financial Review.
- Khilar, R.P.; Singh, S., “Influence of behavioural biases on investment decision making in Bhubaneswar region,” International Journal of Recent Technology and Engineering.
- Hagos, M.M.; Singh, S., “Adoption of mobile banking technology in pastoral community: A perception based study in afar regional state, Ethiopia,” International Journal of Innovative Technology and Exploring Engineering.
- Hagos, M.M.; Singh, S., “Investigating the behaviour of teachers towards saving and investment: Evidence from Mekele, Tigray, Ethiopia,” International Journal of Mechanical Engineering and Technology.