Prof. Saroj is a qualified Cost Accountant and is an alumnus of IIM Ahmedabad. He holds post-graduation degrees both in Management and in Commerce and has done Ph.D. from Utkal University. He has worked in Finance and Management Accounting functions in the industry for 3 years and has an academic experience of 20 years. He teaches Corporate Accounting, Cost & Management Accounting, Security Analysis & Portfolio Management at BBA and MBA programmes.
He has conducted MDPs for UNICEF, Hindalco, OPTCL, Vedanta Aluminium, Visa Steel, PPL, OHPC, IMFA, CESU, Stone India Limited and Crompton & Greaves. He has also worked as a consultant to CAPART, Ministry of Rural Development, Govt. of India, for monitoring and evaluating the projects sponsored by the organisation in Odisha, West Bengal, and Chhattisgarh,
His doctoral research is in corporate governance and has a couple of research papers identifying the relationship between Firm Performance and Corporate Governance. Currently, he has completed an ICSSR funded project on Ageing Population and Government Interventions. Apart from research papers, he has also written a couple of cases in accounting and finance domain.
- Revenue from Contract: Cash vs Accrual, Ind AS115, Emerald Emerging Markets Case Studies, ISSN:2015-0621, volume 10, (4), November 2020
- Noamundi Steel Plant, Parikalpana, ISSN: 0974-2808, volume-10(1), Jan-Jun,2014.
- Audit Committee Independence, Board Composition, CEO Duality and Firm Value, The Indian Management Researcher(UGC approved), ISSN: 2349-2090, Volume 4(1), January-June 2017, UGC approved journal.
- An Empirical Analysis of the Impact of Multiple Directorship and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Duality on Firm’s Performance, Volume 17(1), January- March 2017, Siddhant, ISSN: 2231-0649, UGC approved journal.
- Board Composition, Board Gender Diversity and Firm Performance: Evidence from India, Parikalpana, ISSN: 0974-2808, Volume 12(II), July-December 2016, UGC approved journal.
- US Subprime crisis, a global financial shock and it’s impact on Indian economy, Banking Sector in particular, Siddhant, ISSN: 2231-0649, Volume-11, No-1, January-March 2011, pp 89-96, UGC approved journal.
- “Special Economic Zone: A Comparative Study of Three Developing Countries, India, Ukraine and China, Siddhant, ISSN: 0091/2002-TC, volume 8, January-March 2008 UGC approved journal.