Professor Debi Das has earned his Ph D in the area of Human Resource and Organizational Behavior from KIIT School of Management.His research topic is centered around ‘Employee Turnover and its Effect on Organization’. He has eight years of experience in Tata group companies which includes International logistics, Roots Corporation Limited a 100% subsidiary of Taj Group and Tata Steel Ferro alloys mineral division. His job profile was to Facilitating and to maintain harmonious industrial relations, inculcating a culture of discipline between employee and management, union-management relationship through joint consultations and bipartite and tripartite mechanism and part of class training on personality development and business etiquettes.
He has 15 years of total experience (6 YRS Corporate experience and 9 years in academics).
He has established & executed location level IR/ER priorities in consultation with Site Leader & Labour Relations Technology. Ensuring effective implementation of attendance, leave management & payroll process.
He has managed Contract Labour Strategy: Identification of Correct Contractors, Compliance of the provisions of the law. Ensure processing of Contract bill processing promptly. Develop & Implement Strategy to deal with Union(s). Should have fair, firm & factual relationship with Union leaders. To assist Site Leader & Labor Relation Technology w.r.t Collective Bargaining & Long Term Wage Settlement process.
He has been the Custodian of Labour law statutory compliances. Identify & prioritize statutory compliance issues to be addressed & develop a plan to address and implement the plan. He has strengthened the processes & systems to ensure 100% compliance to all statutory compliances at the plants. Monitor & ensure 100% compliance to all statutory compliances at the plants
He has also partnered with Site Leader & Supervisors for Implementing Labour Productivity Improvement Initiatives
He has handled Disciplinary action process in the matters like unauthorized absenteeism, negligence, insubordination, idling & wasting the time, stoppage of work, by way of verbal counselling, written counselling, cautioning, warning, suspension & termination. Handle Domestic Enquiry process
Also, he has attended Legal & Court Matters (Civil/Labour/Industrial/High Court) & appearance before conciliation authorities pertain to organization. Co-coordinating with company Advocate(s) in terms of any court matter(s) & document submission. Should be able to handle situations like Strike, lockout, layoffs etc
- Industrial and Labour Law, Industrial Relation, Human Resource Management, Organization Behavior, International Human Resource Management, Fundamentals of Management Research, HR Strategic Management, Performance Management.
- Business and Corporate Laws, Principles of Management, Leadership in Organization, Conflict Management, Industrial Jurisprudence.
- Guiding PhD to five Scholars at KIIT Deemed to be University:- Two international Scholars and Three Indian scholar in the field of Organizational Behavior and Human Resource. Out of Five scholars two have already been awarded the degree in the year 2019.
- International scholar awarded PhD 2019 under my supervision thesis title:- EFFECT OF INVENTORY MANAGEMENT PRACTICES ON ORGANIZATIONAL PERFORMANCE IN ETHIOPIAN UNIVERSITIES.
- Second International scholar awarded PhD 2019 under my supervision thesis title:- THE MODERATING EFFECTS OF EMOTIONAL INTELLIGENCE ON THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN ORGANIZATIONAL POLITICS AND WORK OUTCOMES.
- Paper title:- “Organizational Behavior and performance of employees with PTSD and its effect on employee turnover” was published in the International Journal of Management (IJM).
- Paper Title:- Impact of values, personality and Managerial style on organizational citizenship behaviour and turnover behaviour” was published in the International Review of social science and Humanities
- Multiple authors; Satpathy, Jyoti; Mishra, Isa; Padhi, Shradha; Das, Debi P.; “Noetic Alleyways: Choosing to Choose or Deciding to Decide”; Strad Research Journal
- Satpathy, Jyoti; Mishra, Isa; Padhi, Shradha; Das, Debi P.; “Insightful Entrepreneurial Behaviour Deportment”; PalArch’s Journal of Archaeology of Egypt / Egyptology
- Satpathy, Jyoti; Mishra, Isa; Laza, Sebastian; Padhi, Shradha; Das, Debi P.; “Perceptive- Entrepreneurial Decision Comportment”; Journal of Social Sciences.