Dr. Biraj Kumar Mohanty is an M. Com (Utkal), PGDM (XIMB), PhD (Utkal) having 15 years’ industry experience in government, manufacturing and trading organisations involving a variety of jobs in both operational and strategic finance functions. Besides, he has another 15 years’ academic experience in various management institutes across the country.
Prof. Mohanty has the research interest in the areas of microfinance, working capital management, security market, entrepreneurship with a focus on case-based empirical studies. He has conducted several MDPs for corporate and has good exposure in consulting for SME sector.
- Biraj Kumar Mohanty & Saroj Kumar Routray, ‘Revenue from Contracts: Cash Vs Accrual’ Emerald Emerging Market Case Studies, Volume 10, Issue 4, 23rd November 2020, Page 1-20
- Biraj Kumar Mohanty & Raveesh Krishnankutty, ‘Determinants of Profitability in Indian Banks in the Changing Scenario’, International Journal of Economics and Financial Issues, , 2018, 1-6, ISSN: 2146-4138,8(3), 235-240
- Biraj Kumar Mohanty & Tapas Kumar Das, ‘How Rational are takeover decisions’, Issues and Implications in Corporate Consolidation, Conference proceedings of IBS Mumbai in Collaboration with AMDISHA, Shroff Publishers and Distributors Private Limited, April 2018, ISBN: 978-93-5213-708-4.
- Biraj Kumar Mohanty, Financial Distress of Jaiprakash Associates, Journal of the International Academy for Case Studies, Allied Academics, New York, USA, 2017- Accepted for Publication
- Satyapriya Mishra, Biraj Kumar Mohanty & Raveesh Krishnankutty, Classification of retail investors-A behavioural study, International Journal of Applied Business and Economic Research, Serial Publication, volume 14, Issue 10, 2016, ISSN: 0972-7302
- Biraj Kumar Mohanty & Pradip Banerjee, ‘Debacle of Reliance Power IPO- A Study’ The Management Accountant, A monthly journal of ICWAI, volume 49, No 3, March 2014, ISSN 0972-3528
- Biraj Kumar Mohanty & Manish Sharma, Option a New Trading Tool, Financial Express Leading Economic Newspaper of Bangladesh, 24th Dec 2012
- Biraj Kumar Mohanty & Others, ‘G9 Colonizers’, a case on the survival of a real estate business during the recession, published in JKLU monograph series, December 2011.
- Biraj Kumar Mohanty & Kerena Anand, ‘Odyssey of an Entrepreneur’, A case study on Entrepreneurship, IFRSA Business Review(IBR), A quarterly refereed Journal of International Forum of Researchers, Students and Academician, ISSN (Print): 2249 –8168 ISSN (Online): 2249 –5444, October-December 2011 Issue
- Biraj Kumar Mohanty & Vijaylaxmi Hiremath, ‘Revenue Approach to Human Resource Accounting’, A proposed model of HRA, The Management Accountant, A monthly journal of ICWAI, volume 46, No 12, December 2011, ISSN 0972-3528
- Biraj Kumar Mohanty & Kishan Merwin D’Souza, ‘Financing the Harder Way’, A case study on Working Capital Management, Vinimaya, NIBM, Pune, Volume XXXI, no 3, October- December 2010, ISSN 0970-8456
- Indrani Parida & Biraj Kumar Mohanty, ‘The Stock Market Conundrum’, 1995-2008 and beyond’, seminar publication of ICFAI Business School, ‘Financial Sector: Contemporary Issues’, 2008, Serial Publication.ISBN 978-81-8387-282-2
- Nirmal Chandra Kar & Biraj Kumar Mohanty, ‘Need Evaluation of Microcredit in Urban Slums of Bhubaneswar’, Vilakshan, XIMB Journal of Management, Volume VI, Issue No 1. 2009, ISSN 0973-1954
- Biraj Kumar Mohanty, ‘Why we cannot make it big?’- A Case Study on Entrepreneurship, The Utkal Business Review, volume XXI, 2008-09 (Publication Sponsored by NABARD)
- The Rational Indian Investor, A self-Published book sold on Amazon, ISBN: 978-93-5268-035-1 has sold 1000 copies.