Prof. Ashok K. Sar is member of faculty in the Strategic Management area. He has a blend of working experience, 20 years in industry and 20 years in academics. For the last 18 years, he has been in full time academic positions (five years of academic experience as Adjunct Faculty Member concurrent to his industry assignment). He served as the Dean of Faculty, KIIT School of Management during 2010 – 2016. He teaches core courses in Strategic Management and Business Ethics & Corporate Social Responsibility and elective course in Pricing Management. He has conducted MDPs for working executives in the areas of Personal Effectiveness, Building Learning Organization, Strategy Execution, Time Management and Quality & Effectiveness through Systems Thinking. He has also developed an eight weeks executive education programme in general management for young working executives. He is in the panel of visiting faculty members at the Odisha Judicial Academy, and trains the state Judicial Officers on Management Skills. Prior to his present assignment, he worked with Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited (BPCL) for twenty years in varied areas of responsibilities, such as, Marketing Operations, Sales and Supply Network Planning & Development, Business Development in Retail, Industrial & Consumer Segments, LPG and Lubricants; Training & Development; Business Partner – Human Resource Management; Management Control and Reporting Systems; and Enterprise Resource Planning.
He published two patents, and thirty-four papers in peer reviewed journals. Eighteen of these papers are in SCOPUS/ Web of Science/ ABDC index/ list. He has guided six Ph.D. scholars and is guiding six more scholars, who are in various stages of their research work. He has completed an ICSSR-IMPRESS funded major research project titled- “Impact of Dynamic Capability on Success of Entrepreneurs: A Study of Small and Medium Manufacturers in Odisha”.
- Bhusan, B; SAR, AK, “Contribution of strategic human resource management towards the growth of the modern era organizations: A research study on the Indian retail industry,” EURASIAN CHEMICAL COMMUNICATIONS.
- Bhusan, B; SAR, AK, “Critically analysing the concept of workplace flexibility and how it impacts employee and organizational performance: A case of the retail industry in India, “EURASIAN CHEMICAL COMMUNICATIONS.
- Sar A.K., “Dls associates: The way ahead,” Prabandhan: Indian Journal of Management.
- Banerjee, Subhanil; SAR, Ashok Kumar; Pandey, Shilpa, “Improved yet Unsafe: An Aquatic Perspective of Indian Infant Mortality,” Journal of Health Management.
- Sar, A.K., “Impact of competitive advantage and risk on market performance: A study of top 20 companies as per market capitalization,” Indian Journal of Finance.
- Sar, A.K., “Raman’s ordeal: Executive motivation in a hostile work environment,”Prabandhan: Indian Journal of Management.
- Sar, A.K., “Impact of corporate governance on sustainability: A study of the Indian FMCG industry,” Academy of Strategic Management Journal.
- Sar, A.K., “Competitive advantage and performance: An analysis of Indian FMCG industry,” Academy of Accounting and Financial Studies Journal.
- Sar, A.K., “The influence of management education on entrepreneurship success,” Journal of Entrepreneurship Education.
- Sar, A.K., “Competitive advantage and performance: An analysis of Indian downstream oil and gas industry,” Academy of Accounting and Financial Studies Journal.
- Sar, A.K.; Rath, S.P., “The dynamics of fiscal deficit and economic growth: A threshold analysis for the state of Odisha in India,” International Journal of Economic Research.
- Sar, A.K.; Rath, S.P., “Fiscal sustainability of Odisha: Trends and perspective of financial indicators,” International Journal of Applied Business and Economic Research.
- Kumari, N.; Sar, A.K., “Recent developments and review in behavioural finance, “International Journal of Applied Business and Economic Research.