With over 7 years of industry experience he has served companies like Standard Charted Bank, ICICI Prudential and Tata AIG Life and has been in roles ranging from Manager to Branch Head.
Prof. Kumar has got the highest award and acclamation during his tenure in said organisations. For example, Winner of “Superstar of the Company” in ICICI Prudential, recipient of “Hercules Award” in Tata AIG Life for the financial year 2008-2009. He was sent to Dubai for the best performance where he achieved No. 1 position PAN INDIA. Promoted as Branch Head in 2009 Prof. Kumar became the best Branch Head and received the most prestigious award “Hour of Power” thrice during his stint which depicts his dedication towards work.
His area of research includes Marketing Management and Monetary Policy. More than a dozen research papers in regional and national seminars are to his credit. Prof. Kumar was awarded with ‘ Dr. Asha Sablok Memorial Gold Medal’ for the best conference research paper. He has authored books like “Central Loans to States and Finance Commission”,”Impact of Global Financial Crisis on Indian Economy”, “Micro Finance and Rural Development” and “Market Reforms and Inclusive Growth”.
His edited book “Central Loans to States and Finance Commission” has been released by Dr. Montek Singh Ahuwalia, Deputy Chairman, Planning Commission of India in the 93rd Annual Conference of the Indian Economic Association.
Economic Growth in India, Shandilya Publications.
This book examines the problem of economic growth in India relating to global and domestic challenges, comprises scattered articles of eminent scholars of India related to economic growth in India and they have done much to enrich the subject matter of economic development.
Market Reforms & Inclusive Growth, Regal Publications
Indian Banking System Conundrums and Opportunities, SHANDILYA PUBLICATIONS.
This book “Indian Banking System: Conundrums and Opportunities” gives an idea of revolution in the banking business. Being deviated from the old and archaic system of banking, a new trend has been developed by introducing information technology.
- Pattnaik, A.K.; Misra, S.N.; Kumar, A.; Ghadai, S.K., “Customer satisfaction in health insurance: Evidence from India,” International Journal of Innovative Technology and Exploring Engineering.
- Kumar, A.; Singh, G.; Swain, B.; Devdutta, K., “From supply chains to global value chains–The enabler of sustainable trades,” International Journal of Mechanical Engineering and Technology.
- Kumar, A.; Debnath, N., “Factors affecting mobile banking adoption behaviour in north eastern states of India,” International Journal of Mechanical Engineering and Technology.
- Kumar, A.; Debnath, N.; Devadutta, K.; Singh, G., “Dynamics of mobile banking adoption behaviour in North Eastern states of India,” International Journal of Mechanical Engineering and Technology.
- Chaudhuri, S.; Kumar, A.; Biswal, B.K., “New normal predicament of farmers in the FDI retail dominion,” International Journal of Mechanical Engineering and Technology.
- Kumar, A.; Chaudhuri, S.; Biswal, B.K., “Service quality scales – A review,” International Journal of Mechanical Engineering and Technology.