A Glimpse of my Second Home – KSOM HostelFebruary 1, 2018
KONFIDANT – The Corporate Mentorship Program of KSOM – Valedictory SessionFebruary 26, 2018
KSOM organized a program called “Konfidant”-Corporate Mentorship Program on Saturday, 3rd Feb, 2018. The purpose of the program was to make KSOM students industry-ready before they complete their management course. Through this program, students are connected with industry stalwarts who take over as mentors to certain sets of students assigned to them as mentees.
In the first phase of Konfidant held on 3rd Feb, seven industry experts were invited, namely; Meenaa Sharma, CHRO, Reliance Securities; Jitender Panihar, Head-HR, Talent & Org Development, Healthkart; Pramod Shah, Head – Business HR & Campus Relations, Tata Capital; Rahul Ghatak, CHRO, BIC Cello (Writing) Group of Companies; Subrata Chatterjee, Head HR, Arcelor Mittal; Sudhir Dhar, CHRO, Motilal Oswal; Uday Kiran Podipeddi, National Talent Acquisition & Employee Relations Head, Reliance Capital.
These experts initiated the mentoring process for 70 students, with each mentor being assigned 10 students from MBA I. Faculty members were also assigned to each mentor to facilitate each session. Each mentor interacted with their mentees over the day, guiding them on nuances of handling group discussions and personal interviews. Mentoring focused on placement skills like personality development, communication, academic gaps, placement process, handling interviews and career skills like career counseling, job opportunities, industry identification, finding job fit. The day ended with mentors preparing individual development plans for their mentees based on assessments. As this mentor-mentee relationship is structured to be long term, the mentees will further engage with their mentors over email, chat messenger and telephone depending on situational requirement. This will help them continuously monitor the progress of their mentee and would lead to timely feedback. The interactions will be monitored by the faculty members who were part of Konfidant.
It is proposed to organize the next phase of Konfidant on 24th Feb. The purpose is to induct all the students from MBA I as mentees to industry mentors.
- Pramod Shah, Dy VP-HR, Tata Capital
- Anthony Rodriques, GM, Baccarose
- Chetak Kulkarni, Vice President – Trade Products, IDFC First bank
- Shamita Ghosh, HR Head, Book My Show
- Kiran Bikash Rana, VP Business, High Radius
- Akashdeep Chugh, Sr. Manager Strategy, Escorts Agri Machinery
- Prarrthona Pal Chowdhury, Head Strategic Alliances, Devyani International Limited
- Dr. Bimal Chandra Nayak, HR – Kronos, Kronos
- Debashis Mitra, Reg Head, Havells
- Karan Gandhi, Sr. Mgr. HR, JSW Infrastructure
- Amarendra Mishra, Regional Head, RBL Bank
- Anirudh Khekale, Group HR Director, Emerson Automation Solutions
- Saswat Jena, State Head, Yes Bank
- Tejal Mulye, VP HR, Avendus