KSOM Online FDP (Day V – Session II): Evolving Business Models: The Industry PerspectiveJune 28, 2020
KSOM conducted an Online Workshop on the theme: “In the Game of Research Publication: Where do we go wrong?July 2, 2020
An International Webinar, on the theme, ‘New-normal life in virtual world: Issues, Challenges & Way forward’ was organized by KIIT School of Management on 28th June, 2020 with academic collaboration of ORSI Bhubaneswar Chapter. The Webinar was held under the leadership of Prof. R.N. Subudhi and Prof. S.C. Das, as conveners. Horizon Journals group JHSSR, Elsevier Digital Commons and Exceller Open joined the event as Publication Partners.
The Inaugural Session was chaired by Prof. Hrusikesh Mohanty VC, KIIT. First, a general Introduction on Webinar theme and objective was given by Prof. R.N. Subudhi. Then brief introduction of ORSI Bhubaneswar & its activities were given by Prof. Srikanta Patnaik. Prof. J.R. Mohanty, Registrar, KIIT, shared the successful experience of KIIT, particularly how classes and exams conducted online. Pro-Vice Chancellor, Prof. Sasmita Samanta, while welcoming all participants, on behalf of KIIT, made a very thoughtful analysis of the present situation, and suggested ways, how to handle the crisis in future. Keynote speech was given by Prof. S.K. Mahapatra, Director, KSoM. And finally the presidential remarks by Prof. Hrushikesh Mohanty.
After the Inaugural Session, two parallel sessions were held. Main session (in VR-1) was devoted to invited talks by the experts, from leading institutes of India and abroad. Research Paper Presentation was conducted in VR 2. In VR-1, eminent speakers kept the audience spellbound and quite engaging, academically, taking up questions from the participants, in-between. Expert speakers, who addressed, with their structured presentations, are (alphabetically) as follows:
· Prof. Arpan Kar, Prof. of Mgmt., IIT Delhi
· Prof. Bhagirathi Panda, Prof. Eco. & Dean, NEHU, Shillong
· Prof. Darish Khezrimtolah, Penn State Univ. Pennsylvania, USA
· Prof. Dasarathi Sahu, Prof. & MBA Head, Utkal University, Bhubaneswar
· Prof. Gokulanda Patel, Prof. BIMTECH Delhi
· Prof. Manoj Dash, Prof. IIITM/ Presently Dean, Khallikote University
· Prof. Rashmi Ranjan Parida, Prof. IIM Jammu
· Prof. Saswat Biswas, Prof. IRMA (Anand)
· Prof. Murali Manohar, Senior Prof. of VITBS, VIT University Vellore
· Prof. K. Ravichandran, Prof. NYIT, UAE
· Prof. Subrat Sarangi, Prof., MICA Ahmedabad
· Prof. Vijaya Bandopadhyay, Prof., CIM Patna
· Prof. Manjusha Pandey, Prof. Comp Engg, KIIT
· Prof. Siddharth Rautray, Prof. Comp Engg, KIIT
In VR-2, 15 researchers presented the research paper. This paper presentation session was chaired by Prof. Sudhakar Patra of Berhampur University and was coordinated by Prof. Omar Faruq from Bangladesh.
After a brief lunch break, a special panel discussion session was conducted from 3-5pm, and it was chaired and moderated by Prof Anil Bajpai (former Director, KSOM). There were over 175 participants from varied universities and organizations all across the country and overseas, who logged in to zoom sessions attended for the whole period. But, pre-webinar online registrations had over 260 interested participants.
Finally the conveners thanked KIIT Authority for providing all help, and more particularly the best possible IT infrastructure. Discussion in all the sessions was quite interesting and engaging, with great enthusiasm. As per the feedback, taken for each session, the webinar was ‘quite informative and knowledgeable’.