List of Different Types of MBA Courses in India – 2023’s Top 12 SpecialisationsDecember 22, 2022
MBA in Healthcare Management: Contribute to Responsive HealthcareJanuary 16, 2023
Whether you’re looking to advance in your career or seeking to address new management challenges, a PhD in Management in India can help you set foot on your professional and personal goals. Earning a PhD in Management is not easy, but the results can be life-changing. As PhD in Management in India is the highest level possible in education, it is a symbol of dedication and highly valued expertise.
Being one of the highest academic degrees, a PhD in Management in India is primarily designed for candidates who wish to make a career in academia, teaching careers at business schools or research positions in the industry. Thus, a PhD in Management is committed to training candidates to excel in their chosen research areas and produce publication-quality work of global standards.
Moreover, there is a vast career scope after PhD in Management. The doctorate course prepares individuals for careers in teaching and research in management studies and careers in the government sector, corporate sector, and various organisations that require advanced analytical and research capabilities.
Career Scope After PhD in Management
The professionals in business administration have an opportunity to find ample job opportunities in the present corporate world. Therefore, a professional with a PhD in Management in India is highly desired in the job market. Additionally, the doctorate is much suited for individuals who wish to pursue a career as a University Professor or as a researcher in diverse areas of administration. A PhD in Management degree holder can also find a job in well-established private sector enterprises or government departments. Some of the job opportunities for candidates after PhD in Management in India are:
- Jobs in Public Sector PhD degree holders in Management can find abundant job opportunities in the education sector. To be a University Professor, the individual must undergo competitive tests like NET conducted by UGC. Besides the education sector, doctorate holders have enough job opportunities in other government organisations, including:
- Steel Authority of India
- Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited
- Indian Oil Corporation Ltd
- Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited
- Jobs in Private Sector The students who have pursued PhD in Management in India can also get into senior job profiles in the private sector. These professionals are offered lucrative salaries along with attractive perks. Some of the job options for PhD degree holders in the private sector are:
- Private Banks
- Business Consultancies
- Brand & Marketing
- Personal Business
- Export Companies
- Financial Organisations
- Industrial Houses
- Multinational Companies
- Jobs Opportunities Outside India A PhD in Management in India also offers rewarding opportunities to individuals with similar job profiles outside India. There is a vast career scope for PhD in Management in academia, research industries and various private organisations for skilled professionals abroad.
Forge a Successful Career After a PhD In Management With KIIT School of Management (KSOM)
The PhD programme at KIIT School of Management (KSOM) is outlined to equip students with research knowledge and skills that make them specialised researchers with adequate depth of knowledge in several knowledge domains of Management. The PhD Programme at KIIT aims to create new management knowledge relevant to India and the world.
If you wish to opt for a PhD in Management course, then KSOM is the place that can help you stand out. The eligibility for PhD in Management at KSOM requires candidates with a consistently good academic record, professional accomplishments and a rigid urge to contribute to knowledge creation and dissemination in the area of Management.
The eligibility for PhD in Management at KSOM is as follows:
- Tech./ MCA /ME / MBA/ or an equivalent degree with minimum 60% aggregate marks or an equivalent Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA). Or
- Sc./ M.Com./MA /LLM or an equivalent degree with minimum 55% aggregate marks or an equivalent Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) Or
- Tech./ BE or an equivalent degree with a minimum of 60% aggregate marks or an equivalent Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA).
In addition, all the working executives will also have to submit a “NO Objection Certificate” from the Employer with all other academic documents.
Moreover, the individuals at KSOM are exposed to different approaches to doing management research. This imparts equal emphasis to qualitative and quantitative research wherein the students undergo a course on Research Methodology. At KIIT, candidates also undergo domain-specific courses and acquire skills for doing critical literature reviews as recommended by the Research Scrutiny Committee.
Click here to get all the details about eligibility for a PhD in Management, fees, application process and admission process at KSOM.