Winning Through Effective Strategy ExecutionOctober 23, 2009
Dr. Victoria Wise, Director – MBA program, Deakin Business School, Deakin University, Melbourne, Australia.October 31, 2009
Topic: Making Global Managers
Date: October 31, 2009
Speaker Profile :
An eminent business educationist, she has over 140 publications. She has been associated as editorial advisor/ reviewer of The Global Journal of Accounting, The International Journal of Doctoral Studies; Journal on Business and Technology; New Zealand Journal of Applied Business Research; Global Business and Economic Review
The talk focused on the fact that managers must understand international Business and develop the capability to operate in an international context. If we want to survive we really have to understand global competitiveness.
The development of capability thereof would cover the following:
- Technical Knowledge
- Political & Cultural awareness
- An ‘International’ Perspective
- Informed leadership skills
- Superior interpersonal skills
- Experience of business practice
Further in her deliberation and interaction, she covered the ways and means to develop these capabilities, with illustration of best practices focusing on the following:
- The ability to communicate at all levels in an organization, “In order to move your new idea through h arnessing the array of skills and experiences of its employees while they remain a part of its workforce, and realizing the significance of political and cultural awareness when it comes to managing diversity.
- An international perspective touching every functional area from finance to technology management—giving the ability to understand, examine and excel in this global business environment.
- Leadership as the cultivation of an environment that inspires the individuals in that group.
- “Interpersonal skills ” to understand how people relate to one another.
Experience and insight into the most global business.